Hi everyone,

I apologize for not posting in so long! I’ve been extremely busy this past week because all my projects were due and I was scrambling to finish them. My box project was due this past wednesday so I wanted to share with you how it came out. I’m actually really happy about the outcome because the night before, everything was crashing down on how I would install the actual piece in the classroom and everything I had worked on went down the drain (so to speak). What I ended up doing ironically became a MUCH better solution to my original plan, maybe God really does do everything for a purpose. Anyway, on to the photos!

The first two photos show the set-up of the piece with the lights on. I didn’t take photos of what the final decision for the draping turned out to be, which I tacked onto the wall so it became more part of the piece, but I was still partial to it…I’m not sure if that was the best way to display it… anyway, these pictures will suffice.

And here are the photos of the piece in action! (not literally)

My idea was relatively simple. I wanted to make boxes out of shadows, something that isn’t completely tangible but delineates space, and I chose to do four boxes to show how I play with light and the requirements of making the medium casting the shadow smaller in order to keep the same 3-inch width. The piece was focused a lot of technicality and I guess, in a way more graphical. The spacing between each box was 3 1/2 inches, the width and heights of them were all 3″ x 3″ and were horizontally aligned. The hardest part was getting the light to be in the perfect spot where all of the boxes were even (I got worried when it was my turn for critique because someone had moved the light…exactly what I was paranoid about but I fixed it).

My next project is due next week so I’ll show you that one when its done (I need to buy the materials this weekend). And again, sorry for neglecting my blog for a while, I’ll make another post with graphic design soon!

Enjoy the weekend ~

Advertisements